TSW2 4.23 to 4.26 Mod Converter
4× · 223×
This is a simple script that uses UnrealPak to decompile 4.23 paks and recompile them for 4.26. This automates the conversion process that Yuri/Jonah demonstrated on YouTube. Unfortunately, many mods do not convert so easily and may act broken or crash the game. It seems to work best on mods that focus primarily on texture replacements. Blueprint and sound mods will most likely break! This script is particularly useful for batch conversion of .pak files from 4.23 to 4.26.
You MUST have the Unreal Engine 4.26 editor installed, available from the Epic Games Launcher. Everything else is included.
- Install UE4.26 Editor from Epic Games Store
- Locate the path of UnrealPak.exe, e.g.: "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealPak.exe"
Location will vary depending on where you choose to install the Editor.
- Open "4.23_to_4.26_converter.ps1" with any text editor and replace the directory specified by $UnrealPak with your own directory. Make sure to save your changes.
BY DEFAULT, THE SCRIPT WILL POINT TO "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealPak.exe"
- Run "4.23_to_4.26_converter.ps1" with PowerShell. You may need to run with Administrator privileges.
- Let the script complete fully, which may take a while. You will find all converted .pak files in a folder called "newpak".
There may be unintended consequences by converting mods directly from 4.23 to 4.26, particularly with sound and blueprint mods,
and some may not work at all. If so, they might need to be redone from scratch by the original creator.
MANY CONVERTED MODS WILL CRASH THE GAME, so pay attention to which ones do and don't work.
About this mod
- 4 months ago
- 3 months ago
- Train Sim World 2
- Type of content
- Rush Hour Steam (UE4 4.26)