This is a revamp of Dovetail Games' "Norfolk Southern Coal District" route. It includes the Norfolk Southern Manor Branch along with a small portion of the Loveridge Secondary. This route is in the heart of Pennsyltucky and follows the Monongahela River for a good portion of its length. Whether you are running a coal drag to or from Bailey Mine, a frack sand train from Emerald Mine, or a local serving the limited ammount of industries, there is no shortage of operations. CSX also operates run-through coal trains on a common basis, entering the Manor Branch from the Loveridge Secondary.
Now that the glamorous paragraph is over with, here is the real stuff...
I completley replaced, enhanced, or added all of the following:
- Railroad crossings (except for the West Brownsville streetrun)
- Track (including hand-throw switches, automatic switches, and matching ballast terrain textures)
- Trackwork in some industries
- Searchlight Simulations' functioning defect detectors
- General scenery (track clutter, signal shanties, vehicles, foamers, etc)
- Some roads where necessary
- Some vegitation near Bailey Mine (especially on the farms)
- Some houses
- Some commercial buildings
- The West Brownsville yard office (a close-enough kitbash)
- Milepost and Speed signs
- Other signage (Fiber-optic domes, no-tresspassing signs, etc).
- and more of course
Important things/limitations to note:
- The RCAP crossings are loud
- There are 3 intentionally silent, but light crossings (West Brownsville, Waynesburg, and a farm crossing near Bailey Mine).
- The West Brownsville wye does not have it's original Pennslyvania CPL (banjo) signals due to game limitations (conflicting signal scripts).
- The new signals at the West Brownsville wye may be buggy (nothing I could really do to fix it, but it should work for now).
- The route itself even with scenery enhancements is very boring (I suggest drinking a lot of coffee).
- The RCAP signals may be buggy and may not cooperate (I tried my best to fix all of these delinquent signals, but some may have slipped under my grasp).
- Some less relevant scenery, such as houses/towns may have been left default due to time constraints (I may release an update in the future).
- Some bridges may have been left default due to lack of correct assets.
- There is one cosmetic defect detector due to there being a lack of an NS style STC detector.
- I'm not sure of anything else. I'll update this if anything occurs.
Thank you to the folks on the Train Sim Community Discord for your help and support throughout the making of this project.
The AP Sky and Weather enhancement is reccomended, but not required.
(Southeastern Sign Pack)
(RWA Forum Access required) (3DTrains Tehachapi assets)
(Specified in requirements document)
First, read the requirements document to make sure you have everything.
Next, drag and drop your 'Assets' and 'Content' folders to:
(if your install is elsewhere, still install this to your Railworks install as per usual)
NOTE: You should not need to overwrite any files in this installation unless you extracted the .AP file for the PennCoal assets. Still, please
make sure you are not overwriting files you want to keep.
Route: Version 1.2.0 (2/19/24)
- Removed redundant "No Tresspassing" signs to match prototype
- Added new signals to the end of West Brownsville yard
- Added new details to the end of West Brownsville yard
- Added a new bridge right outside the West Brownsville street run
- Added some new lights to areas that were not light properly at night
- Added new details to the first coal facility on the Loveridge Secondary
- Fixed/updated the fence after the West Brownsville street run to the prototype
- Added some new buildings and clutter after the West Brownsvill street run
- Silenced + added a new crossing at Sycamore on the Manor Branch as per prototype
- Fixed a missing crossing gantry on the West Brownsville street run
- Added light American flags to some new areas
- Added road blockades to the silent crossing at Waynseburg as per prototype
- Placed some new grass asset blocks where needed
- Added an old bridge/pipe bridge near the Vestaburg crossings
- Added the Brownsville Wharf including surrounding buildings, roads, and foliage
- Replaced 1 bridge in Brownsville on the Loveridge Secondary
- Added 1 bridge in Brownsville on the Loveridge Secondary
- Added LPM's no-ballast track variant to replace the bridge track (Make sure to copy the provided assets folder for this change to go into effect)
Coal Car Patch (courtesy of ChillsN'Thrills): Version 1.0 (2/18/24)
- Adds new couplers, sounds, and compatibillity from Searchlight Simulations' freight pack
- Adds a new loaded and empty variant
- (Please make sure to tick FRT under the Searchlight Simulations asset menu to get sounds)
- Courtesy of ChillsN'Thrills
Quickdrive Scenarios: Version 1.0 (2/12/24)
- Adds 4 quickdrive scenarios in a seperate download due to popular demand
- No route changes
Route: Version 1.1.0 (2/10/24)
- Added "No Tresspassing" signs to all bridges
- Added new lighting to some custom areas
- Added various new trackside details (boxes, hoses, shovels, etc).
- Added a coal unloader to the Fredericktown coal facility
- Added track markers to the Fredericktown coal facility
- Fixed bugged 'diverging' signals (did not change for train in opposing direction)
- Upgraded a buisness's scenery near CP Farm
- Upraded the fence after the West Brownsville street run
- Silenced West Brownsville streetrun crossings as per prototype
Note: If there are any bugs, errors, or problems, please comment them here. It will really help
FilesCoal Car Patch.zip 283 KB · Added 11 days ago · Downloaded 53×
(Optional) Coal car patch courtesy of ChillsN'Thrills. See the changelog above to see what it does.
4 optional quick drive scenarios
Previously uploaded files have been downloaded 106 times before being withdrawn.