First of all this mod contains reworked PIS data for most of the services in the Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr timetable. Even after the route got it's platform departure boards officially, the ICs still miss their off world stations. With this mod you can explore all the different services to destinations all over Germany. The data for the regional services also isn't just copy/paste anymore, there are some unique service patterns and final destinations included too. Can you spot them all?
The second main feature of this mod are the swapped formations on the freight services. The freight services in HRR's vanilla timetable aren't really realistic so I changed them into light loco runs, ICE ECS and steel trains. There also is an additional pak file included that makes the steel train much heavier. The service should still be doable (at least with the BR 185) but it will be much more of a challenge, especially with heavy rain or snow. More details will be in the patch notes below.
With the 0.3 update I experimented a little with static stock to populate some of the yards around Essen. There are trains from HRR (BR 422, 425), RRO (BR 422) and HMA (BR 403) used as static stock. The latter two obviously require their respective add ons.
Last but not least I reworked all the service titles so the real origin and destination of the service are included in them.
- The former freight (now steel train / loco move / ECS) services have a few red signals in them, this is intended. As long as the signal gets green eventually, everything works fine.
- When the vanilla timetable gets an update, this mod likely won't work anymore and has to be remade.
- The 11:07 freight service isn't able to depart because an AI train is blocking it's way when you spawn the service from the menu. This is also happening in the unmodded version and not the mod's fault.
Other than that: Timetable edits are always highly vulnerable for issues. Keep an eye on anything unusual and report the issues to me please.
Special thanks go out to Aran who helped me with all the research for the PIS data, provided his advice and opinions and who tested many services to spot potential bugs.
Support my work
If you would like to support my work and help me buy new DLC to create even more awesome mods, feel free to leave a donation here: PayPal
- Hauptstrecke-Rhein Ruhr
- Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg & Rhein-Ruhr Osten
- when you don't own one of the add ons, you will miss the MSB layer (Dosto REs and Freight), the rest of the mod will still work
- both have a separate layer for some static stock
Optional; only needed for some rare destinations to display correctly.
03 June 2022
Remade the whole mod after the update of May 30th.
- Added static stock (13 trains) around Essen to populate some of the yards
- HMA and RRO layers included
- Swapped freight consists and edited service name and description accordingly, there now are:
- 10 Heavy Steel Train services
- consisting of the BR 185.5 MRCE (RRO) and steel cars from RRO and MSB
- 10 Light Loco services
- BR 185.5 MRCE (RRO)
- 10 ICE 3 ECS services
- BR 403 (HMA)
- 10 Heavy Steel Train services
- Added off map destinations and intermediate stops for IC services
- Reworked PIS data for most regional services
- RE 11 now does Hamm (Westf) - Mönchengladbach again
- RE 2 now does Düsseldorf - Münster again
- unique service patterns for regional trains included (for example some RE 11 already terminate at Dortmund in the night)
- added space to line numbers
- corrected some small mistakes in the off map stations
- Reworked all service names so they include the real origin and destination
06 February 2022
Initial release of the mod, removed patch notes as it was since remade.
- Added TP-HRR-Timetable-Improvements-Extreme-Freight-v0_1.pak
- increases the weight of the steel train from around 1100 t to 1960 t
- only use this if you want to crawl over the route
- this is an additional patch and only works with the main mod
FilesTP-HRR-Timetable-Improvements-Extreme-Freight-v0_1.pak 2 KB · Downloaded 778×
Additional patch to the main mod, nearly doubles weight of the steel train.
Previously uploaded files have been downloaded 605 times before being withdrawn.
About this mod
- 6 Feb 2022
- 3 Jun 2022
- Train Sim World
- Type of content
- Train Sim World 2: Steam version (UE4 4.26)
- Train Sim World Content
- Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg - Bochum