Modifies the Time of Day system of all German routes to bring the overall lighting visuals in line with what was introduced on the two German routes "Dresden - Riesa" and "Dresden - Chemnitz". This has the effect of making the nights look significantly darker overall and therefore appearing much more natural as opposed to the overly bright visuals on other routes in the game. It also vastly improves the lighting in cloudy and rainy conditions, removing the washed out feeling the routes usually have with this weather setting and making it look a lot more appropriate for a cloudy sky. You may also notice that the sunrises and sunsets have a much more natural transition and the timings now match what you would see in real life a lot more closely.
I have also made sure to lower the bloom intensity setting on the routes in this pack where it was a lot higher than what we are used to on most routes from DTG. This removes the incredibly bright effect everything appears to have in the game with the higher bloom setting which also adds to the more natural feeling of the enviroment.
I'd also like to say a massive thank you to @Aurora Bee/annadess for providing me with her guide on all relevant changes that need to be made and helping me through the process of getting the changes into the game.
A comprehensive list of changes can be found below:
- Changes the Time of Day system on the following German routes to use the DRA/DCZ lighting setup:
- Hamburg - Lübeck
- München - Augsburg
- Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
- Main-Spessart Bahn
- Rhein-Ruhr Osten
- Ruhr-Sieg Nord
- Schnellfahrtstrecke Köln - Aachen
- Seperate Versions for each route, allowing you to pick and chose which ones you wish to have installed
- Significantly improves the lighting on the route:
- Makes nights appear a lot darker than before
- Removes the "washed out" effect from the enviroment when running with clouds
- Changes the dawn and dusk transitions to feel a lot more convincing
- Reduced bloom intensity on routes that used a higher than normal setting
A version for the Rapid Transit route Add-On made by @Aurora Bee/annadess can be found here.
Download the .pak file of your choice and move it into TSW's DLC directory, this is usually located here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 3\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC"
- February 2023:
- Aran-HBK-Time-of-Day-Update-v1.0.pak - Initial Release
- Aran-HMA-Time-of-Day-Update-v1.0.pak - Initial Release
- Aran-HRR-Time-of-Day-Update-v1.0.pak - Initial Release
- Aran-MSB-Time-of-Day-Update-v1.0.pak - Initial Release
- Aran-RRO-Time-of-Day-Update-v1.0.pak - Initial Release
- Aran-RSN-Time-of-Day-Update-v1.0.pak - Initial Release
- Aran-SKA-Time-of-Day-Update-v1.0.pak - Initial Release
Due to the way routes are set up in TSW, it is possible that not all routes will have identical lighting visuals with this mod. While the same improvements will apply to all routes the mod is installed for, it is possible that you will notice cases where some routes are significantly darker than others. If you wish to not use this mod on any one of your routes, it can simply be removed while all other routes will continue to profit from the improvements made with it.
Tags: germany lighting night-lighting route tod
FilesAran-HBK-Time-of-Day-Update-v1.0.pak 342 KB · Downloaded 351×
Hamburg - Lübeck Version
München - Augsburg Version
Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr Version
Main-Spessart Bahn Version
Rhein-Ruhr Osten Version
Ruhr-Sieg Nord Version
Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen Version
About this mod
- 10 Feb 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Train Sim World
- Type of content
- Train Sim World 2: Steam version (UE4 4.26), Train Sim World 2: Epic Games Store version (UE4 4.26), Train Sim World 3
- Train Sim World Content
- Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck, Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg, Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg - Bochum, Main Spessart Bahn: Aschaffenburg - Gemünden, Rhein-Ruhr Osten: Wuppertal - Hagen, Ruhr-Sieg Nord: Hagen - Finnentrop, Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen
Amazing work,stunning! Any chance perhaps you or someone else could do this for US routes like SFJ,HSC,SPG..?
Either way thanks for the effort you already did.
Thanks, glad you like it!
I am planning on doing this for all TSW2 routes, and that includes a version for the US, yes. I am missing a few US routes though and those would have to wait until I get them, but the ones I have will be done sooner rather than later.
Great to hear! it adds so much to the German routes,can't wait to see the US ones,which ones are you missing?
I currently don't have HSC, Cane Creek and Harlem
Thank you for ur amazing work really !!
on Main Spessart i get an immediate crash to desktop ue4 error. im trying to figure out if some other mods are in conflict but for now i have no clue which one.
Thanks, that's nice to hear :)
Not sure why you're getting a crash, it works fine on my end, I'd suggest removing all your mods and trying again, if the crash then resolves itself you can try adding 50% of your mods until you narrowed it down to only one. Hope this helps.
i know the problem now it was APfreightcoremix but version for TSW2 and i have 3.... so with the new version from APfreightcoremix i dont get any crashes on MSB or HBK or any other route
Thanks for your time and effort making this mod. For the older TSW 1 routes I notice that the area has become quite dark. Are there engine.ini tweaks you recommend or something else?
Just For Correction, each .pak file gives a different effect to the night routes?
Add a comment
If you wish to leave a comment, please log in .